Sunday, November 05, 2006

gifted party and dinner party

Yesterday was a very busy but cool day.

In the morning I was running around getting things ready for a party I was hosting for a group I had started for families of hg,eg and pg kids. I was able to use the party room in our complex for the day.

I set up several board games as well as ping pong and legos.





We had eight families there with 26 people altogether.

I got a chance to talk with everyone and two of the families were new to me. Most of us are homeschoolers and there was talk of setting up educational activities.

It was great! The only probably was that it was too short. I think most people would have stayed longer but I only had the room till 5:00.

Z cried when it was over because she didn't get a chance to play with all her friends enough.

As soon as the party-goers left we had more friends arrive, Pere's co-worker and his wife and children.

It was hard to get everyone's schedule to coincide for the earlier party and it ended up that the day that most people could come was the same day Pere's co-worker could make it over. Like I said, it was a busy day. But everything (almost) went great!

Our dinner guests were very cool. They also homeschool so we had that to talk about. Their kids were really well-mannered an sweet too.

Poor Z cried when they left too. It had been such a big day for her.

Today we are just taking it easy, although we may go see a movie.

No comments: