Wednesday, November 15, 2006

busy for the rest of the year

Z has a lot going on in the coming weeks

She already has piano, Shakespeare, gymnastics, and Japanese.

Last Sunday she started a four week Voice Over class. She has a new homeschool science class on Tuesdays and after
Thanksgiving she'll be starting am eight week Astronaut Training class. Besides all that she is also getting ready for a piano competition and, of course, doing about two auditions a week.

Good thing I decided we would be mostly unschooling over the holidays. So her schedule will look like this*

Monday - Piano
Tuesday - Homeschool science
Wednesday - Shakespeare and Gymnastics
Thursday - Japanese
Friday - Astronaut Training
Sunday - Voice Over

*plus extra piano practice and auditions

I hope it doesn't get to be too much for her. Knowing Z it won't unless she gets a big audition just before her piano competition. The voice over and astronaut classes will be over before the new year and we will get back to normal.

3 comments:

Valentine Cawley said...

Astronaut training...now that is forward looking education. How wonderful for Z.

Talking of forward looking I have been asked by a TV producer to refer gifted kids to her for a TV show. From what I gather it is some kind of documentary on gifted children and their families. Each family which appears will receive $20,000 U.S Dollars as an appearance fee.

It should be a great opportunity to raise Z's profile - or any other gifted kid who contacts me.

There are two ways to do this: post a comment at my site, which I will see - or, perhaps better, write to me at tjvcawley2@yahoo.com and copy to the.cawleys@gmail.com

The TV producer will need to know a little about your gifted child and family so as to decide which families to select: always be straight with the media, on this. So in your mail to me, you might wish to include a little about Z or any other child who is gifted and contact details so that the producer will be able to get back to you. (Telephone as a minimum) City of residence might be a good idea too, so they know where they will be filming.

I don't know their timescale - but I think it is best to be quick than slow.

I hope you get it. I can't do it - because I don't live in the US. Otherwise I would.

Take care

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun for Z.

Cher Mere said...

No thank you Valentine

I am not comfortable giving out that kind of personal information (phone number, city I live in) over the web.