Friday, April 13, 2007

Z's friend

Z has a little friend who is PG. They have known each other since both girls were three.

When this girl was 3 1/2 I was blown away cause she was doing long division. She is _very_ advanced in math and science and in memorization. English is not really her first language so I am not sure where she is in that subject area.

Anyway today we were hanging out with them at the library. Z had found a book on rocks and minerals and I reading through the glossary in the back to find her favorite stones and them looking them up in the book and reading about them.

My friend was reading a book with her daughter about Iron. I overheard her ask her daughter "what is the atomic number of iron?" and her, just turned six year old daughter replied "Twenty-six" so then they started discussing it's electron shell configuration...

wow.

When her daughter stepped away I asked my friend "She just knew the number was 26?" and my friend said 'Yes, we study the period table." *grin*

This little girl always amazes me.

1 comment:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Her math ability is incredible!