Monday, April 09, 2007

Boomerang and King Arthur

Last night I ordered some more cable channels, including Boomerang for Z and Biography (they show Poirot episodes) for me.

This morning I had several shows recorded that we could watch together at lunch time, including Smurfs, Flintstones, and Looney Tunes.

When Z was a baby and toddler we had a channel that played Looney Tunes and we recorded a bunch for her and used to watch them sometimes. Looney Tunes are my very very favorite cartoon from my childhood and still in my top five favorite t.v. shows of all time.

When Z was 18 months old I read The Plug In Drug and we pretty much stopped all t.v. for Z (except movies on the weekend.) Eventually we brought back some shows, but mostly grown-up shows like Buffy.

So really Z probably doesn't remember watching Looney Tunes and I think she has only seen a few episodes since she was a little toddler.

So for lunch we are watching the newly recorded Looney Tunes and I was so very pleased to see that the first episode was The Wild Hare, which was the first official episodes with Bugs Bunny! It was so classic! It was the first ime Bugs kissed Fudd, and pretended to die and said "What's up Doc'?" *big grin*

Z is laughing and laughing and I am reminded of what a clever show this is and how many great references it has. I am soooo glad we got Boomerang. I know I said it was for Z but I guess you can tell I like it a bit too. ;)


As for King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table... well today Z told me that reading that book is her favorite part of homeschooling these days. I am impressed because the language is really old-fashioned. It reminds me of Shakespeare because they say things like "How now, good Knight? What cheer?"

1 comment:

Dupa Jasia said...

The track couldn't zanaflex have been in better condition.. No money? said he with albuterol a surprised look.. As she could produce no associations diflucan to the hat, I said to her: The hat is really a male genital, with its raised middle piece and the two downward hanging side pieces...