Monday, April 09, 2007

Singing and Adventures

Today we rode the bike with the trail-a-bike to piano again. I am getting faster at it. It only took about 20 minutes to go 4.5 miles. I have to go somewhat slower because I have Z attached - partly for safety and partly because with her bike and her I am toting another 60lbs.

On the way there Z made up a song about Morgana Le Fey sung to the tune of Cruella De Vil. I thought that was pretty cool. :)

Before we went into piano I told Z that I really want her to be a good girl and listen to the teacher and not argue and to just do what she says. I said that I want her to be noticably good so that I, and her teacher, would give her compliments. And guess what? She was and we did! Her teacher didn't even know about what I said and she told Z "You were so good today. This is how you always should be because then we get to do fun extra composing at the end."

Because Z listened and tried to do what the teacher said they got through their normal work early and they had extra time to do a composing game that Z really enjoyed. :)

On the ride back I thought I would try taking a different route. I ended up riding all around and even back-tracking some trying to find a way around a huge hill that I didn't realize that between me and our house. Eventually we just got off our bikes and walked them up a huge five block hillside. The ride down hill would have been the bonus if I didn't have Z on the back. I was worried about going too fast with her so I hit the brakes a lot.

It ended up taking me an hour to get home. But it was a fun time and a good workout. Z made up a song about team work on the way home. It was really cute.

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is so neat about Z's lesson. I hope it keeps working.

Your bike sounds really neat.

Cher Mere said...

Thanks!