Thursday, April 19, 2007

Being a Gifted Advocate

I just volunteered myself to be the "gifted go-to" person for a new public school's homeschool program.

At first I was just writing to the coordinator about Z's specific case and asking if she will be able to grade skip in the homeschool "classes" they are going to provide. I ended up linking to some good articles on Hoagies about HG/EG/ PG kids and offering to have them consult with the Davidson group to set up a suitably accommodating program and then offering my own time to work with them on setting up a program.

Hmmm, so what is going to happen if they are interested? *wry grin*

I guess I would really love the opportunity to help. :)

That is what I was trying to do with this blog. Which is why I decided to take it public again.

I have done a lot of research on giftedness and I know I could use it to help more than just my own daughter. I have a lot of ideas of things I could be doing in this area - both in real life and online.

4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is neat! I hope it works out for you.

C's Learning Treasures said...

That's great! We don't have anything like that in our area,it seems where you live your schools are pretty homeschool friendly?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have decided to keep your blog public. We all have gifts and experience to share.

MLarson said...

I am glad that you have kept your blog public. I have learned a lot from your blog and it gave me the courage to do testing and ask for acceleration for my daughter. So, you've been a gifted advocate for her already!