Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Japanese update

Z's Japanese tutor left today for a two week trip back home to Tokyo. For homework she asked Z to write in a journal every day in Japanese.

She wants her to write the date and day of the week on the top and then write what things she did and what time and, if she has time, write it in hirgana rather than romaji.

I love this assignment because I think it is pretty hard but at the same time just the right thing for Z to move ahead in her studies. Z will have to refer to her notes a lot at first I think but in two weeks I think she will have gotten used to writing the time and about what she does on a daily basis that she will have expanded her memorized vocabulary greatly.

Today she wrote "I woke up at seven. I did Yoga at eight" in romaji and hiragana. That was all the time she had before we had leave to have lunch with Pere and then go to her Science class.

*************

My friend complimented Z very nicely today. She said that Z always pays attention in Science class and always behaves herself and seems very interested. I was happy to hear that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice compliment!