Saturday, April 14, 2007

two songs by Z

Today at dinner Z wrote down two songs

Fairies (Fays)

Halle Elhaen ((editors note - this means Hello, friend in fairy) Fairies
Come here, play with me
Give me flowers, give me leaves
I love you fairies
Play with me


and the next one was

Inside the Forest
Deep Dark in the
Heart of the forest
Forest Fairies are there
They flit, they fly
Making a party
as hard as they try
Their race is the smartest
of them all
Come and play with me


After she wrote them down she sang them very sweetly to us.
The first song she sang in happy but slightly wistful voice and the second song in a eeiry and more wistful voice.

I am worried that Z is coming down with a cold too. She has been crying a lot today. She cried because a movie scared her and she was afraid to go into the bathroom. She cried because she spilled her soup at dinner. And she cried because she banged her leg on the stairs. Poor girl. Usually when she has been crying like this she ends up having a cold the next day.

If it isn't a cold I wonder what it is. She was also really sad because she said the day went by too fast and all she got to do was build a robot with Pere. I reminded her that she did a lot:

She watched cartoons, she had breakfast, she played in her room, she built a robot, she played Scrabble, she had lunch, she played in her room, she went swimming, we went to the bookstore, we went to the library, we went out to dinner, and we watched a movie. That is a lot, right?

The thing is that Z is a homebody and she especially likes to be home on the weekends and play with her father.

4 comments:

sarah said...

Her songs are really beautiful. I am sorry she is feeling "out of sorts". Kitty is much the same way today.

It could be Z is coming down with a cold, or just tired, or reacting to the busy-ness which disrupted her routine. She could also be coming up to a Mental Leap Forward, since sometimes you see emotional disintegration before those "mental growth spurts" (ick I hate that term).

I hope she feels better tomorrow. Tonight I am going to wrap my girl up in blankets and feed her warm food and read her peaceful stories. I need coddling when I am sad, and I guess kids do too. And I know I feel even MORE motherly when my kid is down.

Hugs to Z (and you!)

PS, how sweet and lovely that she is so connected to her dad.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Z's songs are so lovely.

We have days like this, seems more often lately, but maybe it was related to sickness.

I hope she feels better soon.

C's Learning Treasures said...

That is amazing for a 6 year old to write that down,very beautiful!

Poor Z it's sounds like she could be getting sick,I know O is not himself before he gets ill. I also have these mood moments as I call them with O, when he acts overly emotional for no particular reason,sometimes it's something he remembers that disturbs him or other times he simply tells me he feels to much love and it makes him cry?

Cher Mere said...

Patience - ah, a mental leap. It could be that. Sorry K is feeling out of sorts too.

Mariposa - let's hope our girls are just getting smarter and not sick . *warm smile*

O's mom - awww - O sounds so so sweet.