Friday, February 09, 2007

TGIF

It has been another long week.

One one hand she only had two auditions this week (including breakfasting with some people Nickelodeon this morning) but we are still driving Pere to work and picking him up in the evening. This has been going on for three weeks now (his car is finally being worked on though) and I decided tonight it is really worth $45 a day for me not to have to spend almost 4 hours on the road everyday.

Homeschooling has been going great. I love every resource that we are using now. EPGY is great and that science book I quoted in an earlier post is excellent. Z is loving both of them.

We finally moved in Middle Ages for history a couple weeks ago and we are doing intergrating it with vocabulary. Some of her words have been cathedral, monastery, crusade, merchant, and feudal.

She got Inkheart for her birthday and she has been reading that and is also almost finished with The Half-Blood Prince.

I also recommed the BBC for some fun grammar and spelling games.

Her behavior has been great. I love it when she is easy going and in good spirits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear the upbeat in your voice. Glad all is going well. I got the CD of Famous Women from the library. I hope to listen to it this weekend. I will file it away for future use. I like to read about the resources you are using in home schooling. I keep a lot of notes for the future. Is BBC the television network?

You probably know this but be grateufl you have an easy going child. Citcat is so strong willed that I spend a small part of each day entirely discouraged.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious -- did you meet with Scott Aversano? I know that's highly unlikely. We were friends in grad school and he has recently been tapped to head MTV films and Nick films for Paramount.

Cher Mere said...

Hi Nina

I am feeling good. I hope I haven't sounded like everything is a drag because that isn't really how I feel.

The BBC stuff is on their website -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/

Z is easy going in spurts. But she does cycle through it and spend a time being very obstinate and argumentative. I have read that when the child is going through a developmental spurt they are often "off-kilter" and the easy days are when nothing is happening developmentally.

Cher Mere said...

Good Morning Shuan

No, she met with two women. It was pretty quick.