Tuesday, February 27, 2007

kinda sweet

I am sitting here by myself this morning, Z is still sleeping, watching and listening to the rain fall down. I am in the rocking chair, under the red blanket, and it is all very cozy.

The cat is sleeping in the other rocker and I wish I could take a picture of him and how sweetly he is sleeping but I know if I tried to get up and fetch the camera he would probably run off.

I can hear the 6yo girl next door staying bye-bye to her Mommy as her Daddy is taking her to school. Hope she has her rain jacket.

Today we have a date with some friends to do decoupaging. I have the bottles and cans and she has the glue and paper. I am looking forward to our little crafty day.

Z finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Saturday night. She came wandering out of her bedroom after nine almost in tears - still upset about what happened a few chapters ago and very nervous about what is to come in book 7. I let her cuddle up with me and I spun her my story about Snape as a friend and not a foe. I really believe it!

Before she could go back to sleep that night Z asked me to pick out a new book for her to read. I offered up Inkheart, Eragon (birthday presents from friends), Anne of Green Gables, or rereading The Little Princesss (or of course, whatever book she wants from her shelves.) She wasn't sure but said she would look at the beginning of Anne of Green Gables and see. Well, by morning she informed me that AoGG was definitely her new bedtime book. I am glad she is reading it, it is such a classic.

Well anyway, I really do need to eat breakfast.

So I chanced a picture of the cat and I actually got it. Look at how sweetly his paws are crossed.



And then figuring the sounds of breakfast would wake her up in a moment anyway I snapped this one of Z.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

K had to stop the Harry Potter series at thebeginning of book 4 because THAT bothered her. I'm not sure when she will be ready for the Half Blood Prince. :-) I'd love to hear your take on Snape someday!