Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Z's type?

So I made an appointment with a photographer to make headshots of Z. It is $250 for 50 - 80 shots with 2 looks and $350 for 80 - 100 shots with 3 looks. I am not sure which one we should go with. I like the $250 price with 3 looks - *grin*.

So I have a question for all of you.

What do you think Z's type is?

By type I mean if she was going to play a certain type of child in a movie/tv show/commercial what do you think she could be, based on her looks and then based on what you know of her.

I would love for her to play quirky characters that are supposed to be scary smart or just plan scary (like a spooky girl) or a sensitive brainy type. But she _looks_ fun loving, outgoing and cute. (and she can be all those things.)

The photographer said "think Disney" but I don't want to think Disney. I want to think M Night Shyamalan, Alfonso Cuaron or Wes Anderson.

What does Z really like? Well I have mentioned that in musicals she usually prefers to sing the villian's song or the darkest song. When she makes up her own songs they are pretty dark too. Her favorite television shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Agatha Christie's Poirot mysteries. But she also loves fairies and princesses and her favorite color is pink.

So what do you think based on how she looks and then based on her personaility what type do you think she is?


Thank you

4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

We had Ami professionally photographed for family purposes a few months ago. I don't know if the photographer we used does headshots. I know we had an album made and it was a different price range. This particular photographer is popular because she has a good reputation for her product. She took 50 shots and 3 changes. Ami did so many poses and expressions the women thought that she might of worked as a model. All of them were beautiful; Ami is a ham so we had to narrow it to 25 for a book. The changes were an elegant dress, a feminine dress and a fairy. The fairy was art.

I don’t know anything about headshots but I think if Z were photographed with a black background in a dark top being serious you would get an interesting look. especially if this one focused on her eyes, They are blue? Then your more traditional headshot and then a fun one. Are they color or black in white?

I would go for more shots because photographer’s skills vary. The one we choose does 50 shots with her clients because she knows she can get an exceptional product with her level of skill.

Best Wishes

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Have you made a decision?

Anonymous said...

Oh, it would be so hard to categorize Z into a "type". On one hand, she is intense and mature-looking and has that edgy look, you know? That "obviously vastly intelligent" look. You mentioned she loved Buffy - well, she actually makes me think of that programme. But its hard to explain without sounding too strange! Probably it is just the gifted thing.

To put it in visual terms - you know that little girl who was in The Cat In The Hat and Steven Speilberg's Taken? The little blonde girl with the big eyes ... Dakota Fanning, I think her name is. Z reminds me of her. Its something about the look in the eyes.

On the other hand, she is really cute and pretty and could easily do the "little girl" type of thing. But I don't know how far she could take that. She's just too obviously "knowing".

Mia did a little print modelling when she was about four, and loved it (she was literally discovered by a talent scout while we were eating muffins at a cafe!). Everyone said we should get her more into modelling and make heaps of money. But I was very reluctant because she got so many comments about her looks as it was, and it disturbed her, and I didn't want her to come to think of herself mainly in terms of her appearance. But Z is such an outgoing, confident kid and a natural actress, I think she will do well.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»