Thursday, July 27, 2006

My birthday presents

My Maman got me a certificate at Amazon for my birthday.

I got Keeping Your Kids Out Front Without Kicking Them From Behind: How to Nurture High-Achieving Athletes, Scholars, and Performing Artists. Heh. The title isn't great but I have heard it is a very good book. It is all about keeping balance when your kid is talented. I read an excerpt about this boy who is a karate champion but who's parents are telling his coach that he does not need to practice 6 hours.

The other book I bought I have already read but it is great and the kind of book I would refer to over and over. Cradles of Eminence. There is a great write up on it on the Genius Denied website here.

One thing I found comforting in Cradles was that most eminent people had "over invloved" mothers. *grin*

Thanks Maman!

5 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Happy Birthday!

Forte said...

Happy Birthday, Cher Mere! :)
Forte

Anonymous said...

Your welcome. I will have to read these when I visit.

Maman

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»