Friday, July 14, 2006

Something positive from the camp experience

or at least it looks good from here.

Z has a little friend at camp. A very cute girl, J, who is "Five point six" years old. She is just Z's size, which is small.

I wanted to check her out as a suitable outside of camp friend for Z so I asked her some questions today. I asked her what school she went to, ends up it is one our neighborhood schools. Then I asked her if she likes to read and she said "Oh! Of course! I read level 3!"

I asked what Level 3 and she said "You know, books like Willy Wonka." :) Maybe she means 3rd grade.

I watched them play and talk to each other and I was so pleased that she wasn't trying to boss Z around or compete with her or any of that stuff. They were just being silly little girls together - pretending to be animals and dancing the tango.

I don't know if Z will ever see this girl again after summer camp or if J will remain a sweet friend. But it made me happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds lovely! I hope it works out for the long run (and that her mother is nice too!)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That sounds great!

Forte said...

Lovely, Cher! I hope it all works out:) It sound slike this girl is friendship material! F