Saturday, September 09, 2006

TGV and 1st day in Antibes

Today was a interesting day. We took the high speed train from Paris down to the French Riviera. It was actually really nice to sit and just look out of the window at the French country side for five hours. :)

When we got to Antibes we had a National Lampoon's European Vacation moment trying to drive around the tiny one-way streets in Old Town, trying not to hit the pedestrians or the walls!




I was really looking forward to this apartment with is six stories !




Pere, Z and I are two floors beneath the front street level in a studio.



But the studio has a back door that goes out to a small pathway.




Tante Juliette has the room above us.

Above that and just up from floor level is the yellow and blue kitchen and dining, very provençal!





more stairs up from that is a small balcony and the living room (where I sit and write this while Z (and everyone else) watch the British cartoon Rupert.)





then above that is the master bedroom and above that another small kitchen on the partially enclosed roof with a sitting pool and table outdoors. This is the view from the patio on the roof. :) You can't see the beach or the harbor but it is close!



After we got settled in Pere, Z and I took a walk around the neighborhood. It is totally cute and totally cool! Just a couple blocks away were tons of great shops! I liked a lot of the clothing shops but I think we are too poor to buy me much (since we are moving when we get back.) But it was nice to window shop anyway. On the same street were two special old-fashioned toys shops (the one with the dolls made me think of my maman).




1 comment:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I loved the pictures of the toy shops.