Friday, September 08, 2006

a few more interesting views of Paris

Early tomorrow morning we catch the TGV (the high-speed train) to the south of France. I don't know when I will see Paris again. I managed to pack a lot of sight-seeing into the last seven days and by today I felt I had pretty much seen everything I wanted to see (except Jim Morrison's grave at Pere-Lachaise Cemetary...)

Mostly the pictures I shared were to include you on our sight-seeing tour (and show z enjoying herself.)

Now I wanted to share a few different pictures. I hope you find them interesting.

This first picture is of a pair of old fashioned shoes I found lying against the wall just like this. This is probably my favorite picture from France, just because it was so strange to come upon these little shoes. I like finding strange things.



I thought this picture, of some gigantic papier mache heads behind a dirty window, was creepy.



This was a freaky evil looking angel from from of the carousel's Z rode on.



This is the size of a lot of cars in Paris. Aren't they cute?




Gas pump on the sidewalk...



This was the prettiest sign to a Metro



I saw this car today. I love the front "bumpers" LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been loving all your photos but these are absolutely the best and, for me, truly capture the spirit of that ancient and beautiful city. Thank you!

Jason Jones said...

The cute car is a Smartcar. They just started selling them in the US.