Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm back

So I finally got our internet hooked up today. Wheee! *hee hee*

Today was a fun day for Z, I think.

This morning we worked on her favorite and most asked for subject, science. We are learning about the human body this term and today we read all about the skeleton and then Z took a test that I made for her, drawing questions from the book.

At 10:00 she had her first class of Shakespeare for this year. When the director saw her she grabbed her up and swung her around and doted on her and at first it was heart warming but then I worried how it might seem like favoritism to the other kids and parents so I was glad when that was over. And apparently she is not getting special treatment because when I came to get her at the end of class she got reprimanded for trying to talk over one of the teachers. *heh* But then they thought she was cute because she was asking for a script to start working on and was disappointed that they weren't going to choose a play that day and give her a script.

After Shakespeare we had lunch and then it was time for another new class - Girl's Club. It is for girls 5 - 9. There were around eight girls and they played some tag game, made puppets and sang a getting to know you song. To be honest it was kind of babyish (meaning the leader treated them like they were very young.) I heard an eight year old complain afterwards that she was too old for it but I told her that the mom's are going to take turns hosting it and that many of the things we do will be fun for older girls (i.e. things that Z is interested in.)

I am going to host Show and Tell for the Girl's Club next week. I picked that because it is very easy and I don't really have to do anything. I told the leader that I needed some time to come up with cool ideas. So far I have come up with talent show, a fitness event, a fairy school, and a Japanese theme class. ;) I just needed a little time.

Then Z played with her good friends and I talked to the mother of one and asked if her daughter would like to come over for a playdate. She just turned eleven so I wasn't sure if the mom would be keen on it but she said that her daughter loves to play with Z and she will probably come over sometime next week.

Then Z had an audition for Hasboro (sp?)

Then right after dinner our new next door neighbor, one of the other five year old girls in our apartment complex and the only one I had invited to Z's birthday last February, knocked on the door and asked if Z could come play.

So today Z had:

an hour and a half with 17 other kids interested in Shakespeare
a hour with eight other girls at Girl's Club
another hour with her three close girlfriends playing in her park
and forty-five minutes playing with the girl who's front door is about 8 feet from ours.

:)

I had a pretty good time myself. Last week, which was the first day with our new merged park groups, I was kind of overwhelmed. But today I decided that I like that there are more people. I am still friends with all my old friends but now I can make some new ones.

I wanted to take some pictures today so I could share just how many kids there are in our group and they fun things they do for the six hours they are together but I forgot my camera.

I saw:

baseball, kickball, gymnastics, wrestling on a beam, tye-dying t-shirts, Magic the Gathering and YuGi-Oh card games, a birthday party, bike riding, scootering, reading, sign-languages classes, Girl's Club, Chess, Shakespeare, and lots of pretend and made up games. It was very nice. :) I love homeschooling and homeschoolers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee... what will you ever do about socialization?!?!?

Glad you are back :-)