Monday, May 22, 2006

that Harry Potter thing

A question for you:

What fiction book do you think you have read the most times?

I know of many gifted kids that read Harry Potter over and over again. (I have read each book over again before the next one comes out, so I have read Sorcerer's Stone at least six times and Half Blood Prince once.)

I have heard of people who read the Lord of the Rings books once every year.

I don't have a definitive "most readings" book. I went through my Anne Rice phase and probably read Interview the most, I know I read Clan of the Cave Bear several times and I read most of Stepen King's books over and over when I was a kid. And of course I have read Emma and Pride and Prejudice almost once a year since I first read them.

But I think I may have read The World According to Garp most. In high school Garp was my favorite book, then Hotel New Hampshire was and lastly A Prayer for Own Meany which I found completely amazing (it is nothing like the movie) but since I found it after Garp I haven't read it as often.

Z is doing that "Harry Potter" thing. She doesn't reread chapter books often but is constantly in the process of re-reading one of the Harry Potter books. Like me she reads many books at once and since last summer one of them has always been by J.K. Rowling.

No comments: