Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mississippi. M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i"

Z has been going around trying to spell stuff a lot recently. "Mommy, I can spell Shop and Show." and "Mommy, I can spell Princess."

We have never really done a formal spelling program. Sometimes we have family spelling bees in the car and often I tell Z to sound out the words she wants to use when she is writing something and then I help her if she needs it (she doesn't feel comfortable with the idea of using invented spelling.) And a couple times I have printed off 1st or 2nd grade spelling lists and went through 20 or more of them with Z getting them all right before we get bored and stop.

Maybe this should be a lesson in unschooling for me. *wink*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.