Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Piano non-issue and more bike riding

So I guess the piano practice is a non-issue. I went to bed last night worrying that the amount of practice Z is doing might burn her out.

Then this morning while I was making breakfast Z asked if she could go play a new piece on the piano. Then she went right over and started working a a piece she had started to learn yesterday. She played it a couple times and got frustrated because it is new and hard and almost started to cry. So I came over and hugged her and comforted her. Then she wanted to go back and do it again. I made her stop to eat breakfast but right after breakfast she went back to the piano and worked out the song and got it right.

This morning she proved to me that she is really self-motivated and so right now I am not go to worry about it.

Also we had another break-through in bike riding today. Z has learned how to start up from a complete stop. So now she can start, go and stop all by herself. That is pretty much it. Now I just need her to get comfortable enough riding that she can also pay attention to dangers - like cars.

She loves riding her bike. I just wish there was a safe place nearby, but everything around here is sidewalks next to busy streets and parking lots.

No comments: