Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Our topics of study this week



Z is feeling better today so we got back to homeschooling. She had been off for a whole week.

We went to the library yesterday and I got an Eyewitness book on Birds and another bird encyclopedia to supplement our family viewing of David Attenborough's Life of Birds. Z will also be keeping a log of local birds that she sees and maybe picking one bird to do an in-depth study on, like hummingbirds or penguins.

We are also starting ancient Chinese history today plus some Chinese culture and geography. I got some story books, and a book on ancient Chinese inventions that looks really interesting. I think for fun we will watch a Chinese martial arts epic, maybe something with Jet Li (although I prefer Jackie Chan)

Z also got some more "Littles" books to read and I asked her to try to read Ramona and Beezus. I don't know if she is going to like it. She really likes books with a fantasy element and Ramona is just a regular kid. But she could still read Socks or Ralph and the Motorcycle. She is also still reading from the Hercules Poirot Casebook.

No comments: