Wednesday, May 17, 2006

and life goes on...

Between errands for our trip tomorrow, laundry and packing Z continued to do some homeschooling.

This morning I had her fill in the name of the states on an outline map of America. I also had her find 10 countries on an outline map of the world. It was kind of busy work. Not because she already knows it but because it was something I could have her do on her own while I was busy.

Over lunch we watched an episode from our Life of Birds DVD.

After lunch we went to the bookstore so I could buy her some things to keep her busy on our 6 hour flight. I got her an ancient cultures sticker book with Roman Gladiators, Samurai, etc, a Dot to Dot book that outlines animals of the world with a factoid and the book The Littles.

While we were there Z read three books for the Summer Reading Program, which has a prize of one free book for every eight books read and a possible free and sign Series of Unfortunate Events book. She read some short books, not on purpose to fill up the list but because she liked them. She read "Heather the Violet Fairy", "The X-Men School", and "But excuse me, that is my book".

I was looking for a book for Z (in the teen section) called Dealing with Dragons and ended up finding a book for me called Sorcery and Cecelia of the Enchanted Chocolate Pot which seems like a Jane Austen novel with magic.

We still have a lot to do tonight. Pere needs to pick up his suit from the tailor and get new dress shoes. I'm not sure if I will be able to post anything while I am gone.

No comments: