Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

Or as Z calls it "memory-al" day. *hee*

Today we had Pere's old grammar school, college, co-worker and best man at our wedding friend over as well as a friend of mine, her husband and her eight year old daughter who is also PG.

Pere made chili and corn bread and we had some Coronas. The kids went in the pool and the other adults played poker (Hold'em I think). I was too busy trying to watch Z in a pool full of other kids to pay attention to cards.

It is nice talking with my friend because I can be open about the whole extreme gifted thing and I don't really have to choose my words carefully or anything. She knows exactly where I am coming from. The reason this is so major is because it really does effect almost everything. My job is to homeschool Zoe. So if I want to talk at all about what I do it will become apparent that Z is doing some out of the ordinary things. Some people, sadly, have a adverse reaction to that. It is just so much easier to talk to someone when you don't have to hide a major aspect of you life.

In the evening we got into a good political conversation with Pere's old buddy. That is always fun.

I thought it was a really nice time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At times, it can be a lonely existence. It is great you have a friend that understands.

Elf Owl

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»