Saturday, June 09, 2007

a house is a home for me

So the housing prices are finally coming down some here in Southern California.

Last weekend we went and looked at twelve open houses and saw that we might actually be able to afford something we would like come November.

Of course we are really excited about this and while I know it is a few months away I find I am now constantly looking at and thinking about houses for sale. :)

****************

The other thing my brain is stuck on is my job... that is homeschooling.

I am still not sure what my curriculum will be in the fall. I have gotten several good resoures recommendations from friends. Rght now I am checking out Classical Writing - Aesop , which looks good but not as complete as EPGY Language Arts and Writing, which is what I really want to use but I am concerned about the cost.

So far my tentative fall curriculum looks like this
Math - EPGY
Language Arts - EPGY
Spelling - Espindle
Science - books from library on physics, chemistry and experiments from Mr. Wizards plus weekly science class
History - Renassiance and Explorers (also library books)
Geography - workbook
Music Appreciation - ?
Piano class
Voice class
Japanese class
Art - A - Z guide to Art
P.E. - gymnastics, kung-fu, yoga/pilates, swimming
Drama - Shakespeare class
Field Trips - monthly with homeschooling group
Reading - classics at home, modern fiction with homeschooling book club

7 comments:

C's Learning Treasures said...

That looks great! I was just starting my plan for fall too:)

C's Learning Treasures said...

and I forgot to post congrats to you in finding a new home! We are still renting,I don't think prices will ever fall in the DC area!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I hope you find your home soon, that is so exciting!

Your plans for school sound like they are coming along!

sarah said...

How exciting to be contemplating buying a home. I hope you find just what you are looking for!

I like your school plans, it really seems like you have found what works best for Z. I hope your summer holiday continues well :-)

Cher Mere said...

Hi O

We haven't found a house yet. We just found out that we may be able to afford one. *grin*

Forte said...

Cher!
Great! I hope you guys find your perfect little sanctuary! :)
Your curriculum plan looks great!
We are still contemplating what to do, as it may be different if we move...HS in the Other State allows partial enrollment in participating districts. How civilized! LOL
F

Garden State Kate said...

I hope buying a home works out for you ! Your plans for the coming year sound exciting.