Friday, June 29, 2007

babysat

Tonight Z's cousin Alex babysat her so Pere and I could go out with my sister, brother-in-law, mom and dad. We went out to dinner and then to an outdoor bar with live music.

Z got to do all her favorite things with her 16 yo cousin. They watched Spongebob, played Mexican Train dominos, played soccer and played croquet. They had pizza and ice cream with sprinkles and chocolate sauce.

Then they walked over to the park to catch fireflies.

My mother left the bar first and drove by the park to check on Alex and Z. She said that when she pulled up Alex and Z were sitting with their backs against a big tree and looking up at the sky. Z told her grandmere that they were watching the sunset.

When I came up just after that my nephew said "Look at the sunset!"

It was quite beautiful. :)

I am so happy that Z is getting to spend time with her cousins. I only wish she could have spent more time with them sooner.

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It sounds like a special time for Z.

I love the photo of her with the firefly jar. The darkness reminds me of a picture book that Ami read involving fireflies. It was illustrated with computer animation? Any way, it is a nice short story.

Forte said...

That sounds so sweet:) I hope you've had a wonderful trip :)
Forte