Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Z booked her first job

It is a very teensy weensy part in a direct to video Disney movie about a ghost.

But it was kinda funny how she got the job. The voice over lady called me today and told me that she had a job for Z and wondered if she was free to do an audition right then over my cell phone (we were driving home from piano.)

That made me laugh and I said "Sure!" and handed the phone back to Z in her car seat.

The "audition" went like this

Z says "Yeah... Yeah... Yeah...."

Then there was some humming. I figured Z was on hold or something.

Then more "Yeah... Yeah..." Then a little more humming.

Then another "Yeah."

Then she gasped!

Then she said "Okay Mommy here is the phone" and handed the cell back up to me.

(I am realizing that some of you here might be upset with me because I answered the cell in my car. Yep. I do that.)

I got the phone back and the voice over agent asked if Z could go do the voice over tomorrow morning. I said sure. But then I had to ask "I didn't hear her audition."

The agent told me "All she has to do is hum two songs an then sound shocked." LOL

********

Also Z had another audition for a commercial today. I doubt she will get it though. I mean I don't know what the casting director was looking for but I think I would have picked some of the younger kids.

The lines for the commercial, about juice, were very short and basic and about... juice. The smaller kids who had lisps and babyish voices sound really cute, cuter than Z I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I hope you guys will have fun. Sounds like it will be over before it starts! I hope Z. is excited.

Cher Mere said...

Thanks

Yes Z is excited. She made up a "I've got a job" happy dance that had a disco flavor. :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wow!!! Congratulations to Z!

Anonymous said...

Wow, things sure are moving fast for her, aren't they! I believe it is hard to even get an audition, so congratulations to Z on her first job!!! She'll go far.