Thursday, August 03, 2006

nerves

The night before last I had this dream that kept repeating.

It was that we were at the Channel Islands house and there was a huge tidal wave coming and would destroy everything at sea level for miles around. For some reason's Z was off with her Tante and Tante Sarah - they had gone to the market to get supplies - we were waiting for them and then we would all get to higher ground.

But they were taking a really long time to get back and all the cell phone circuits were busy so I couldn't get through to her. And when we went out into the streets to look for them the roads were gridlocked.

I didn't know what to do. I heard on the radio that the police had blocked the roads coming into our area and were turning everyone around and that our area was advised to evacuate. But I didn't want to leave without Z.

btw, I have had a fear of tidal waves every since I was 6 or 7. I used to sit on the sand at the beach and imagine seeing one coming over the horizon. Even now I am kind of afraid of going on cruises (but I would still do it.) because I am afraid a tidal wave will hit us. Remember that movie Deep Impact? I think it contributed a lot to my dream.

Anyway in my dream I just didn't know where Z was and I wanted to wait for her but then I was worried that she got turned away and wouldn't be able to come and that I needed to go find her but I was afriad to leave our house in case they were coming to us from another direction. And the dream just kept going on and on. I remember waking up at 4:00 and then again at 6:30 still having the same dream.

I know my nightmare was brought on by my stress over Z doing acting. . I like our life the way it is and any possible big changes effect my nerves.

No comments: