Sunday, August 27, 2006

Big Girl and Little Girl

This weekend Z had the opportunity to be both the little girl and the big girl with another child.

Saturday some friends with a PG 9 year old came for a visit at the Channel Islands house and their daughter and Z played together for hours. They played imaginary games the whole time. Sometimes we parents caught a little of their game whilst they were running up and down the stairs. I liked how they were totally caught up in it, staying in character as much as possible. I think the imaginary game was richer than Z usually plays with her age mates, her older friend brought so much to it.

Then today we visited a neighbor with a younger girl and I could hear Z playing the "mommy." Since Z usually plays with older girls she almost never gets to play the authority figure. I think she enjoyed the opportunity.

I am getting really excited about our upcoming trip!

No comments: