Monday, August 28, 2006

intrinsic motivation

This morning Z and I talked about our forthcoming trip to France. She got excited and wanted to listen to our new CD of French songs and read along with her French lyrics book over her breakfast.

Then she skipped into her bedroom and found all her books on France and French and read a children's travel book on France and then a a French language book. She sat on the couch readig for almost an hour.

I love that my kid, when she is interested in a subject, will go find a book about it and learn. I love that she does this all on her own. I love that she figured this out.

She knows we are going to start studying medieval history after we get back from France so she made a point of reading books on Castles last night when we were at Barnes and Noble. I love that she is already in the mindset of handling her own education.

Since we are homeschooling this all bodes well.

No comments: