Sunday, August 06, 2006

Our nice weekend



Pere Z and I went to the Channel Islands house this weekend to celebrate the wedding anniversary of Grandmere and Grandpere. Pere and Tante made dinner for us all - a cheese course, dinner with duck, shrimp and pork and chocolate covered fruit for dessert. It was great!






I also bought Z a new princess dress. She wore it most of the day.




Today we went to the park with some old friends of our from our old neighborhood. It was sunny and windy and with a beautiful blue sky. Pere flew our kite and helped all the kids do so too.
For dinner tonight we went to our old favorite sushi restaurant.





This is how Z looks when she is upset about something. I don't remember what that was about.






Here is a picture of Z eating some baby squid. She loved it and we thought it was cute.

Here she is ordering her sushi.

5 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Z looks so cute. I am amazed at what she can eat! Ami is on the other end of the spectrum in regards to food. I read and inferred that the extremes of food is related to excitabilities maybe in Piechowski.
Interesting.

Cher Mere said...

You know I think Z would just survive on peanut butter sandwiches and cereal and crackers if she could.

We have made a an extremely concerted effort to get her to eat different foods. Pere and I are so into eating exotic and ethnic food and we feel it is something like a family tradition to do so, and it is really important to us that Z tries new things.

In the beginning we had tons of battles just trying to get her to eat something other than carbs. We had many ruined dinners where she would rather fall asleep at the table than eat a single green bean.

It was awful and I wouldn't recommend it. I was really conflicted because on one hand we had made this parental decision early on that she was going to join in with our family eating habits and on the other hand I was worried I was giving her a complex.

But, now at 5 1/2, this is pretty great. She really loves a variety of food and she will try new things without a fuss. Although we still have to deal with her slow eating - like she can take 45 minutes to eat a sandwich and some baby carrots...

Forte said...

Grace eats salad for breakfast at times...how's that for weird?;)
F

Cher Mere said...

I am jealous Forte. Your daugher has better eating habits than I do. I have been known to have day old popcorn for breakfast.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Actually, Ami lives on fruits and veggies and doesn't eat foods that most children enjoy. Yet, her diet is extemely restricted and it is a struggle to get her enough protein. Unfortunately, she vomits if she trys something with a texture or smell that sets her off so she is in therapy.

I think how you taught Z to eat is great and wise. I wish it were a practical solution to our situation!

Apparently, eating exotic foods and being explorative with foods can be an excitability too but to me it seems like a good one to have!