Sunday, August 20, 2006

weekend

We had a really nice time this weekend.

Saturday morning we went to the zoo with some friends. I love this picture I got of the giraffe. :)







Then we went up to the Channel Islands house. Z stayed with her Grandmere and Grandpere while Pere and I went to see a movie (yay! Date night!)

Today was such a nice sweet lazy day. It is especially nice to have lazy days up there because of the beautiful weather. The house is right on the water with a deck hanging over the channel. It feel so good to lie out there under the warm sun and feel the breeze. We all (except Z) take turns napping and reading and just being quiet.

In the morning we went out with Z and caught butterflies and moths in her net and put them in her specimen jar and studied them and then released them. Pere is really good at catching them!

In the afternoon Z was up in her room there which has dollhouse and she worked on setting it up for awhile and then she called me up to see it. I really liked that in the attic she had set up a "homeschooling" room that she put a toy easel and little doll books and some toys. :) I like that homeschooling is so much a part of her life that she builds it into her dollhouse.

She also made a Haunted Mansion in her room where she had me walk blindfolded through things with no shows on and told
me that I was stepping on dead bodies (a pillow), blood (a thin book), and goo (some wadded up clothes.) it was really funny!

We took the boat out before dinner and just tooled around for awhile.

Pere made a wonderful chili for dinner, a recipe he has been working on since spring. It is getting better each time. :)

I am so grateful that we have to place to go to. :) But I am glad to be back home and have access to the internet again.

No comments: