Thursday, August 31, 2006

2 bd / 2 bth + Den

We have moved five times since Z was born.

She was born in Fairfax, VA. We had a very nice and big apartment. That was back when we were living' large. *grin* That was the place were I was pregnant and where "baby Z" existed.

When she was nine months old we moved out here to Los Angeles and lived in a cool 1930's era apartment in L.A. proper, near this cool area known as the Farmer's Market and The Grove. That house is where Z learned to walk.

When our one year lease was up there, and Z was 18 months old, we moved to Oxnard, to the Channel Islands house and we lived there for 2 years. That was where I started to homeschool Z and where we used to watch the sunset on the beach in the winter.

When Z was 3 1/2 I bought the bookstore and we moved to the apartments on the campus of Channel Islands University, which used to be a Camarillo State Mental Hospital. Some have said it was the place behind the song Hotel California. It was creepy at the college but the apartments and grounds were beautiful and surrounded by hills and deer. That was where we found out that Z got into the Davidson Young Scholars and where my good friend and neighbor jumped up and down on the sidewalk and cheered for her.

When our lease was up there we decided to move closer to Pere's work, much, much, closer. We got a 3 bedroom right across the street and he comes home for lunch and at odd times during the day. This was where we met a lot of good friends, Z started piano and acting and I started blogging again.

Well our lease is up again in October and they are raising our rent here. I called around and found out there is a 2 bedroom with 2 bath plus den available in our same apartment complex. It is only a little smaller and the rent is a good amount less so we can still save money to buy a house.

So, one week after we return from France we are moving again, but not too far. :)

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I hate to think about you coming back to all that moving. What a job! I hope you can buy that home soon.

We have moved a lot too. We sold our small home in the Bay Area when I was almost 7 months pregnant to move to a big home in the Delta however it was not done so we moved to a corporate rental in Sacramento for 3 months and put most of our stuff in storage. Our lease ended and the house was still not done so we moved to my Mother-in-Law's for 6 weeks. (More stuff went into storage.) Finally, we moved to our new home. We were there almost 2 years but we didn't like it so we bought a lot out of state on which a new home would be built. In the meantime we sold the house in the Delta and moved into our small condo which were were remodeling. We purchased it to gut (this was the best way to go for various reasons from our experience). When the house out of state was completed Ami and I moved and my husband commuted living in our condo until he changed territories.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have to move again so soon! You must getting good at it ;-) I still haven't finished unpacking from our move 2 months ago *sigh* I guess that says something about the necessity of my stuff. lol