Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Salon

This morning I went to the salon to get a pedicure since I will be wearing sandals most of the time we are in France.

Z really wanted to get the pedicure treatment too so I told her I would give her one when we got home.

So later in the afternoon I got a bucket and filled it with hot water and put in bubble bath. Then I gathered my tools and invited her into the bathroom to sit on her "chair" and get a pedicure.

I rubbed her feet with lotion first and then so softly, just for effect really, I rubbed them with a pumice stone. Then I did stuff with my nail kit, I barely touched on her cuticles and barely buffed her tiny little toenails.

Then I massaged her feet and legs with scented lotion.

For color I chose a nude or buff type color because I don't really like to paint her nails - they always chip quickly and I don't want to maintain them. But she was happy with the buff color because at least it was something.

After we finished with my nail salon she set up a beauty salon in her room with some of the hair things and pretend make-up (the only real stuff she has is chapstick) and jewerly. I let her do me and then I made her up and then I was tired of the game so she made herself up in various looks for awhile.

It was cute. :) and I like that Z seems to like getting her nails done too.

3 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I am glad you too had so much fun! Ami also loves doing this together. She picked out some purple, sparkle polish on Saturday.

Cher Mere said...

Mamita

I have a question. How often do you do Ami's toes?

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Well I try to do them at least once a month for her but for no particular reason.

I do her fingernails more like twice a month.