Thursday, April 27, 2006

Midsummer Night's Dream




Today was Z's performance of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream was today.

She was awesome! The whole performance was very good. Better than I expected. I had been sitting in rehearsals the past 5 months and I was worried they would not be able to pull it together. But they really did.

And now I am going to brag. Ready?

Z was so good!

I got a lot of compliments on her performance, especially her pronunciation and voice projection. There was a lot of "She is so small but she has a big voice!" and lots of "awwww's" for her little cuteness. One mom came over to me and said that had the most consistent delivery and that she thinks Z has an "instinct" for acting. That was really nice.

Z actually had three performances today. Pere came to the second one and Grandmere came to the 3rd performance.

Now it is all over and Z is sad. She says she wants to keep practicing.

Days like these I revisit them whole professional acting thing. I know she wants it and I feel she could do it but there so many other things that I want her to do right now and I think professional acting is one of those things that can take over your life. So for now she can keep doing local theatre and having a blast at it

I have some video of the show that I will try to post soon.

4 comments:

Sucero Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sucero Family said...

Congrats Z!!

Cher Mere said...

Thank you!

HG

Anonymous said...

Great job Zoe! We really liked your movie!